ILLEGEAR PRODUCT WARRANTY
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
As used in this warranty policy, “Product” means any hardware manufactured for or by ILLEGEAR bearing the “ILLEGEAR” trademark, trade name, or logo that is purchased directly from ILLEGEAR or an Authorized Reseller.
An “Registered Owner” is any consumer that purchases and has possession of a Product directly from ILLEGEAR or from an Authorized Reseller, or from secondary market seller provided he/she has completed Ownership Transfer Application and the application has been approved by ILLEGEAR.
An “Authorized Reseller” is any retail store that has an agreement to purchase Products direct from ILLEGEAR on an ongoing basis for resale.
“Date of Original Retail Purchase” is the invoice date the Product bought directly from ILLEGEAR or an Authorized Reseller.
- SCOPE OF WARRANTY
ILLEGEAR hereby warrants that the Product you have purchased is free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the warranty period applicable to the Product. Product purchased may come with a 1-year, 2-year, 3-year or other limited hardware warranty from the Date of Original Retail Purchase.
Extension of warranty is allowed up to a total of THREE (3) years from the Date of Original Retail and will require a thorough inspection of the current condition of the laptop before such extension is approved, unless the product is brought in within 3 months from the Date of Original Retail Purchase of which no such inspection will be required.
- PRODUCTS COVERED
This warranty applies only to hardware Products manufactured by or for ILLEGEAR that can be identified by the “ILLEGEAR” trademark, trade name, or logo affixed to them.
ILLEGEAR provides no warranty whatsoever for any software provided with its Products; such software is warranted separately by their manufacturers.
This warranty excludes and/or may be voided and/or does not apply to:
- If the Product has been damaged by accident, abuse, misuse, misapplication, wear and tear, external forces, physical impact, by Owner or any Third Parties or any unknown objects;
- Repair and/or maintenance service required for losses caused by depreciation, wear and tear of the Product;
- If the Product has been disassembled and modified by any third parties without the written permission of ILLEGEAR;
- If ILLEGEAR serial number has been removed or defaced from the Product;
- If ownership of the product has been transferred without approval via ILLEGEAR Ownership Transfer Application (kindly refer to procedure stipulated under section 5 below);
- If the Product has been reported stolen and/or missing by the Registered Owner;
- If the damage to the Product is covered by any additional and/or external insurance policies taken by the Registered Owner;
- Costs to ship the Product before and/or after any repair and/or services conducted by ILLEGEAR, unless the Product is covered with an Onsite/Pickup Warranty; or
- If the Product has been damaged by unforeseen events such as fire, lightning, power surges, smoke, water, explosion, windstorm, hail, malicious acts, impact from unknown objects, vehicular accidents, and/or any perils such as floods, earthquakes, sinkholes, tornadoes, tsunamis and other atmospheric disturbances and/or acts of nature.
- SERVICE PROCEDURES
In order to increase service efficiency, ILLEGEAR Support Team provides guidance to Registered Owner to perform simple diagnostic tests via telephone or email.
If you discover a defect, ILLEGEAR will, at its option and to the extent permitted by law:
- repair the Product (using new or refurbished replacement parts); or
- replace the Product with a product that is new, or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original Product.
Any physical and/or cosmetic defects on the hardware Product should be reported to ILLEGEAR immediately upon receipt of any Product from ILLEGEAR.
For any limited warranty claim, a valid proof of Date of Original Retail Purchase is required. A valid proof of Date of Original Retail Purchase is defined as one of the following:
- A dated sales receipt from an Authorize Reseller. The receipt must show the appropriate Product description, price and ILLEGEAR serial numbers;
- A dated official e-mail from an Authoried Reseller confirming purchase and shipment of Product. The confirmation e-mail must show the appropriate Product description, price and ILLEGEAR serial numbers; and
- An official order number from ILLEGEAR.
ILLEGEAR reserves the right to take any action to protect itself against all forms of suspicious claims, including, without limitation, requiring further verification of identity and details of claimant and qualifying purchases as well as debarment of claim.
If your warranty is carry-in warranty, you are responsible to either carry in or mail in the defective Product to ILLEGEAR repair facility or Authorized Reseller store/office for warranty service. If your warranty is onsite service / pickup warranty, ILLEGEAR will pay for both way pickup and return shipping. Onsite Warranty is applicable for KL / PJ areas only. Pickup Warranty is limited to shipping within Malaysia only.
ILLEGEAR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE REIMBURSEMENT FOR SHIPPING COSTS IF IT IS APPARENT THE PROBLEM IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
It is your responsibility to complete a backup of all existing data and programs on ILLEGEAR Products prior to returning the Product to ILLEGEAR or Authorized Reseller for repair under this limited warranty. ILLEGEAR WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR RECOVERY OF DATA OR PROGRAMS.
Replacement parts are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for ninety (90) days or, for the remainder of the limited warranty period of the ILLEGEAR Product they are replacing or in which they are installed, whichever is longer.
You shall collect your product(s) within six (6) months after receipt of pick up notification from ILLEGEAR. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to such products that left unclaimed after three (3) months. If the products are not collected within six (6) months, ILLEGEAR shall have the right to dispose of the products at its own discretion without any prior notice and compensation.
ILLEGEAR are not responsible for the custody of any product accessories, including but not limited to screen protector, battery, SIM card, SD card.
- LIFETIME FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT
ILLEGEAR WILL PROVIDE telephone or email technical assistance to the Original Puchaser of ILLEGEAR Product for as long as the Original Puchaser continues to possess the Product. All “Third-Party” software and peripherals are not covered by this Lifetime Free Technical Support. They are supported by their original manufacturers.
- ILLEGEAR’S LIMITED WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS
ACCESSORIES OR ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES PURCHASED , INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BATTERIES, CHARGERS, USB CABLES, S PEN, SD CARD, ADAPTERS, BLUETOOTH DEVICE, BATTERY COVER, FACE PLATES, SCREEN PROTECTORS, PERSONALIZED DATA, CUSTOMIZED SOFTWARE SHALL BE CLASSIFIED AS CONSUMABLE PARTS. THE WARRANTY PERIOD FOR BATTERIES, AC ADAPTERS AND EXTERNAL ACCESSORIES IS LIMITED TO ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASE.
IN THE EVENT ILLEGEAR ELECTS TO REFUND THE VALUE OF THE PRODUCT OR REPLACE THE PRODUCT, THE TERM OF THIS WARRANTY SHALL EXPIRE AS OF THE TIME OF THAT REFUND OR REPLACEMENT.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE WARRANTY AND REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, STUATUTORY, EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED. AS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ILLEGEAR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS. IF ILLEGEAR CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY AND TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SERVICE AS DETERMINED BY ILLEGEAR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
NO ILLEGEAR AUTHORIZED RESELLER, AFFILIATE, OR EMPLOYEE IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATION, EXTENSION OR ADDITION TO THIS WARRANTY. IF ANY TERM IS HELD TO BE ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE, THE LEGALITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF THE REMAINING TERMS SHALL NOT BE AFFECTED OR IMPAIRED.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ILLEGEAR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF ACTUAL MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; DOWNTIME; OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED IN OR USED WITH ILLEGEAR PRODUCTS, AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON ILLEGEAR PRODUCTS.
- AVAILABILITY AND TRANSFERABILITY
WARRANTY EXTENSIONS AND OWNERSHIP TRANSFER MUST BE DONE BY THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER WITHIN VALIDITY OF THE SAID WARRANTY OF THE PRODUCT AND MAY NOT BE DONE THEREAFTER.
WARRANTY EXTENSIONS COVER THE PRODUCT AND TRANSFERS WITH THE PRODUCT.
A REGISTRATION FEE MIGHT BE REQUIRED IF THE PRODUCT HAS CHANGED ITS OWNERSHIP.
To apply for ILLEGEAR Ownership Transfer Application, kindly email the following information and/or documents to email@example.com: –
- Duly completed ILLEGEAR Ownership Transfer Application (kindly request from us via email);
- Photocopy of IC/passport of the transferor (current owner);
- Photocopy of IC/passport of the transferee (new owner);
- Tax invoice of the original product purchased from ILLEGEAR; and
- Proof of purchase by the new user (transferee).
WARRANTY EXTENSIONS MAY ONLY BE CANCELLED BY THE REGISTERED OWNER WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF THE PURCHASE OF THIS WARRANTY PROVIDED THAT NO CLAIMS HAVE BEEN MADE UNDER THIS WARRANTY AND THE WARRANTY WAS PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM ILLEGEAR. A FULL REFUND OF THIS WARRANTY’S PURCHASE PRICE WILL BE GIVEN TO THE REGISTERED OWNER. AFTER THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE PURCHASE DATE OR IF A CLAIM HAS BEEN MADE UNDER THE WARRANTY, THE WARRANTY MAY NOT BE CANCELLED.
IF THE REGISTERED OWNER PURCHASED THIS LIMITED WARRANTY FROM AN AUTHORIZED RESELLER, ILLEGEAR WILL NOT REFUND THIS WARRANTY’S PURCHASE PRICE. ANY REFUND SHALL BE MADE BY THE AUTHORIZED RESELLER. THE REGISTERED OWNER MUST CONTACT THE AUTHORIZED RESELLER WHERE HE/SHE PURCHASED THE PRODUCT ABOUT ITS CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICIES.
If Product fails within Seven (7) days from the date the item was purchased, Original Purchaser will have to return the Product to ILLEGEAR on his/her own and ILLEGEAR will pay for return shipping for the returned Product. A new set of identical Product will be shipped to End User within seven (7) days of ILLEGEAR’s receipt of the returned Product. THE FREE RETURN SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE TO END USERS IN MALAYSIA ONLY. NOTE THAT ILLEGEAR IS ONLY ABLE TO PROVIDE RETURN SHIPPING TO THE END USER FOR THOSE END USERS WITH AN FPO/APO ADDRESS. For any One-to-one Exchange, a valid proof of Date of Original Retail Purchase is required. A valid proof of Date of Original Retail Purchase is defined as one of the following:
- A dated sales receipt from an Authorize Reseller. The receipt must show the appropriate Product description, price and ILLEGEAR serial numbers.
- A dated official e-mail from an Authoried Reseller confirming purchase and shipment of Product. The confirmation e-mail must show the appropriate Product description, price and ILLEGEAR serial numbers.
- An official order number from ILLEGEAR.
ILLEGEAR reserves the right to take any action to protect itself against all forms of suspicious claims, including, without limitation, requiring further verification of identity and details of claimant and qualifying purchases as well as debarment of claim. In order to qualify for a One-to-one Exchange, you must contact ILLEGEAR Support Team to obtain a Dead on Arrival (“DOA”) Number within seven (7) days of your receipt of the said Product. The Product must be returned to ILLEGEAR in its original packaging and condition. Please note that the DOA number must be noted on the outside of the returned Product’s package. You must also liaise with ILLEGEAR Support Team to arrange shipment pickup from your address. In the event that the procedure herein is not followed, ILLEGEAR reserves the right to accept the return of the Product on such terms that it may determine at its sole discretion. ILLEGEAR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE REIMBURSEMENT FOR SHIPPING COSTS IF IT IS APPARENT THE PROBLEM IS NOT COVERED BY THIS ONE-TO-ONE EXCHANGE. * ANY SOFTWARE PURCHASE BUNDLED WITH ILLEGEAR LAPTOPS CANNOT BE EXCHANGED.